On this auspicious day, 09.09.09, I give you some fun facts and thoughts to ponder about the beautiful number nine:
* Revolution 9 - played backwards, it is thought to say.....anyone? anyone? That's right, it's the Paul is dead theory as you supposedly can hear "Turn me on, dead man."
* 09.09.09 tis truly a rare event! We won't see a consecutive, single diget number set of this nature again until January 1, 2101. (Oct. 10, 2010, will be a double-digit set) I'll so totally still be here....anyone else care to join me? LOL
* The number nine in numerology means forgiveness, compassion and success on the positive side as well as arrogance and self-righteousness on the negative.
* If you're the last of nine children, chances are you eat the least because the other eight, being bigger, are much faster than you.
* Does everyone remember how bloody easy your nine tables were in multiplication? You know the drill: 9 x 4 = 36 because 3 + 6 = 9. Did you also know that you can multiply nine by any two, three or four-digit number and the sums of those will also break down to nine. Like this for example: 9 x 62 = 558, break down that sum 5 + 5 + 8 = 18, and wha-lah 1 + 8 = 9. How bloody wicked cool is that?!!?!?!?!?! Speaking of math, September 9th (that's today kids) also happens to be the 252nd day of the year. I can hear you all going "Uhm, so"...but wait, it gets better. If you take 252 and break it down.....2 + 5 + 2.....what does that equal? NINE! Shazam!
* Nine is the atomic number of Fluorine.
* A human pregnancy normally lasts nine months.
* A little nine religion for ya: Ramadan, the month of fasting and prayer, is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. Important Buddhist rituals usually involve nine monks. Also, in the Christian angelic hierarchy there are 9 choirs of angels.
* Nine is strongly associated with the Chinese dragon, a symbol of magic and power. There are nine forms of the dragon. The dragon often symbolizes the Emperor, and the number nine can be found in many ornaments in the Forbidden City.
.....I'd give you more facts, but then, that would be ten. :)