Yesterday we went to Barnes & Noble, or as I like to call it "My Meca", in search of a new copy of the aforementioned fabulous movie. Not on the shelves....hummm.....no worries, ask a super awesome B&N Staffer to check the all-knowing computer for its location. GASP.....what????? The vault what????? It's true, the Barnes & Noble Oracle returned a message stating they had no copies as it was being returned to the Disney Vault!
So of course, as any good consumer, mother of a toddler and all around Disney lover would do, I started racking my brain to come up with a list of all of the movies I MUST OWN (basically to build my own vault in order to prevent any future such mix-ups from occurring). So today, for your reading pleasure, I give you my list.
The Scott Top 10 Disney/Pixar Vault
So before you read this list.....spoiler alert.....you won't find Bambi or Dumbo in the list as I have a personal rule about watching movies that leave me in tears within the first 15 minutes (true story....watched both movies ONCE as a child and swore never to watch them again). And before you ask, Old Yeller is in this category just because, well....it's Old Yeller.
- Monsters Inc. - I think we've already established why here, right?
- Chicken Little - OMG, if you haven't seen it....do it....now! I laughed so hard when I saw this and still dance and sing with my girls whenever we watch it!
- The Little Mermaid - Fabulous sing-a-long fun!
- The Nightmare Before Christmas - A holiday favorite my girls and I watch each year after decorating for Halloween. Love me some Jack!
- Toy Story - You'll laugh....you'll cry....you'll see it again and again! I mean come on...Tom Hanks people!
- Robin Hood - To me, this is the best telling of the legendary tale hands down! Plus, almost 40 years later, I still sing the songs and genuinely love watching this one.
- Finding Nemo - My love for Ellen DeGeneres aside, I feel happy and completely filled up again every time I watch this one.
- Sleeping Beauty - My absolute favorite of all the Disney Princess. I often say my three girls are Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - My first true love, Winnie!
- Lady and the Tramp - Or as my daughter calls it, the "puppy spaghetti movie". Calling it a classic is an understatement o me.
Those are just some of mine that I recommend, should you have a darling toddler of your own (or heck, just because they rock). There are so many to choose from though. Let me hear about your favorites!