Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Caroling We Go

As we approach "the big day", I have discovered that most stations have officially changed their station formats over to Christmas music. I've decided that trying to come up with 24-hours of solid Christmas music must be a daunting task, as some of the songs I've heard lately don't exactly "put me in the holiday mood".

So to that end, I give you my Top 7 Worst Christmas Songs (I'd go for 10, but sadly just trying to mutter my way through these seven was hard enough):

7. Dominick The Donkey (The Italian Christmas Donkey) by Lou Monte...deep sigh

6. Have a Funky Funky Christmas by The New Kids on the Block
...some times putting out an album for the sake of making a buck really isn't the right answer

5. Dogs Barking Jingle Bells.....I ask you simply, why?

4. Please Daddy, Don’t Get Drunk This Christmas by John Denver...no joke, this is REAL????

3. 12 Days of Toto Christmas in Africa....I can't even explain this one properly, so just check it out on uTube...but brace yourself!

2. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer by Patsy & Elmo...hideous song, but yet, just TRY and find a child that doesn't know the words to it! OY!

1. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas by Gayla Peevey
...this song, for me, is the ticking-time-bomb of Christmas! I'm fine each year until THAT dreaded day when I hit a radio station that actually plays this thing....and the bloody song is then stuck in my head until New Year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment