Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Disney Vault...Just Say No!

So for weeks we've been looking for a copy of Monsters, Inc., one of the greatest Pixar/Disney creations ever, in my humble opinion.  We had a copy, but it's been MIA for weeks and you can't get it on the Netflix Instate Queue....not an acceptable status when you have a three year-old in the house who loves her some Sulley!

Yesterday we went to Barnes & Noble, or as I like to call it "My Meca", in search of a new copy of the aforementioned  fabulous movie.  Not on the shelves....hummm.....no worries, ask a super awesome B&N Staffer to check the all-knowing computer for its location.  GASP.....what?????  The vault what?????  It's true, the Barnes & Noble Oracle returned a message stating they had no copies as it was being returned to the Disney Vault!

So of course, as any good consumer, mother of a toddler and all around Disney lover would do, I started racking my brain to come up with a list of all of the movies I MUST OWN (basically to build my own vault in order to prevent any future such mix-ups from occurring).  So today, for your reading pleasure, I give you my list.

The Scott Top 10 Disney/Pixar Vault

So before you read this list.....spoiler alert.....you won't find Bambi or Dumbo in the list as I have a personal rule about watching movies that leave me in tears within the first 15 minutes (true story....watched both movies ONCE as a child and swore never to watch them again).  And before you ask, Old Yeller is in this category just because, well....it's Old Yeller.


  1. Monsters Inc. - I think we've already established why here, right?
  2. Chicken Little - OMG, if you haven't seen it....do it....now!  I laughed so hard when I saw this and still dance and sing with my girls whenever we watch it!
  3. The Little Mermaid - Fabulous sing-a-long fun!
  4. The Nightmare Before Christmas - A holiday favorite my girls and I watch each year after decorating for Halloween.  Love me some Jack!
  5. Toy Story - You'll laugh....you'll cry....you'll see it again and again! I mean come on...Tom Hanks people!
  6. Robin Hood - To me, this is the best telling of the legendary tale hands down!  Plus, almost 40 years later, I still sing the songs and genuinely love watching this one.
  7. Finding Nemo - My love for Ellen DeGeneres aside, I feel happy and completely filled up again every time I watch this one.
  8. Sleeping Beauty - My absolute favorite of all the Disney Princess.  I often say my three girls are Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.
  9. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - My first true love, Winnie!
  10. Lady and the Tramp - Or as my daughter calls it, the "puppy spaghetti movie".  Calling it a classic is an understatement o me.


Those are just some of mine that I recommend, should you have a darling toddler of your own (or heck, just because they rock).  There are so many to choose from though.  Let me hear about your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment